site image
local_florist

Our History


|
|
|
|
|

site image

History of Washtenong

Founded in 1929, Washtenong Memorial Park features a beautiful landscape on 65 acres which serve as a sanctuary to a wide variety of wildlife.  Washtenong, the original name for Washtenaw County, means "far away waters" in the language of the Ojibwe-Chippewa Indians, referring to Grand River for its length.  

© 2018 Washtenong Memorial Park. All Rights Reserved. Website by CFS